direct thickening screen on biological sludge of different concentration – GDD / GDE
The spacing between the bars allows the thickening of dilute sludge from 2 g/l to 8 g/l. On an extended aeration plant type, the output dryness is between 4 and 6% with sludge directly taken from the aeration tank.
The GDE has a drainage screen with a continue mesh size. The spacing between the bars allows the thickening of dilute sludge > 8 g/l.
The GDE is declined in two models corresponding to different sludge concentration. The output dryness on urban concentrated sludge at 8-15 g/l is from 5 to 8 % with GDE6 model and from 6 to 10 % on concentrated sludge at 20 g/l with GDE8 model.
- More than 50 references
- Pumpable sludge production: 2 – 3 times more concentrated compared to the static thickener
- Continuous or discontinuous operating mode
- Optimized polymer consumption
- Little maintenance, can run without supervision
- Water savings thanks to intermittent washing