This chapter aims to make the reader aware of the regulations in force and the various texts which must be considered. The objective is to motivate regulatory monitoring and not to give details of and explain all of the texts in force at the moment this document is drafted.
In 2016 the reference texts (non-exhaustive list) are:
- Decrees of December 14, 2013 relating to the prevention of the Legionella risk;
- Regulation 528/2012 relating to biocide products;
- Regulation 1272/2008 relating to the classification and labelling of hazardous substances and mixtures;
- Regulation 1907/2006 of December 18, 2006 known as the “REACH” ruling;
- Regulation n° 648/2004 relating to detergents;
- Other texts relating to the protection of the environment and to industrial cooling towers.
- Directive 96/61/EC of September 24, 1996, Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC);
- Directive 2010/75/EU of November 24, 2010 relating to industrial emissions for integrated pollution prevention and control (IED: Industrial Emissions Directive);
- Decree of February 2, 1998 relating to water sampling and consumption as well as all types of emissions from facilities for the protection of the environment;
- Directive 2000/60/EC of October 23, 2000, Water Framework Directive (WFD).