biofilter wash water treatment - Greendaf™ BWW
The GreendafTMBWW is compact additional structure installed in parallel with conventional urban wastewater treatment line. It is designed to be coupled with a biofilter type process (e.g. BioforTM) to reduce the return of biofilter wash water to the head of the line and thus reduce the hydraulic and/or pollutant load on the whole treatment cycle.
The GreendafTMBWW is a fast flotation system (25 m/h) with air injection, running on the principle of indirect pressurization and equipped with a perforated floor flotation module that optimizes the hydraulics allowing high rate operation. Equipped with an in-line mixer for adding reagents and a surface chain scraper for optimal sludge thickening.
- Sludge concentration 15 to 30 g/liter similar to thickened sludge
- Up to 50% less floor area
- Aquapole Grenoble (France) – Flow rate 2 x 350 m3/h
- Compactness and Modularity: perfectly compact structure and modular design can fit the output of most existing installation
- Increases the overall yield of treatment line because of the reduction of returning wash water to the head of the line
- Used to obtain sludge with concentrations similar to those of thickened sludge, through a built-in scraper
- Instant start-up and shut down with no specific precautions for increased personnel safety.